CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 28, 2011

Working together teaches love of the outdoors

Over the years many people have asked how my husband and I can get along with my ex so well. It wasn't always easy. There was a time I hated him. He's an ex for a reason.

Although I never knew it way back when the two of them were friends growing up. They grew up in the same neighborhood. It took several years but eventually we all learned to get along.

When the kids were little the ex would bring them fishing and hunting. After my husband and I were married and also started camping and fishing, later on it was gun safety and then hunting.

We formed a party and what we ended up with was well rounded, kids who became responsible adults. They love to camp, hunt, fish and enjoy the outdoors.

I relize this isn't possible for all people but for my kids I can say they were fortunate. They were fortunate to have a step dad who loved them as his own and a dad who welcomed him as well.

As we get ready for deer hunting I thought I'd share some pictures of the latest season.

0 comments:

Post a Comment