CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hold No Regrets

Looking back when I was first diagnosed with MS I am very fortunate for the things I am still able to do. MS is a very unpredictable disease that has robbed me of so many things I once enjoyed doing. On the same token, there is a lot I can do that my doctor was unsure of.

Now 8 years into it I have but one regret; all the things I wish I would have done had I known. I might have been more adventurous, less demanding on myself, maybe I would have learned to water ski or try something I'd never done before. In the end it doesn't matter any more.

My biggest regrets now are only of those of my children and all the things I wish we could have done when they were young. The things I wish I could change. To have more patience, to be a better parent, to have had the ability to be home when they were little. It's always easier in hindsight what could've, would've, should've been.

Instead of focussing on the past what we need to do Is plan for the future, dream and live each day to the fullest and the best of what we have. I guess as we get older we learn from life's lessons.


0 comments:

Post a Comment