CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Birthday Weekend

I think I'm finally recouping from the sugar overload of this weekends birthdays.

On Thursday night we celebrated our grand daughters 4th birthday at my son and daughter-in-laws for a family dinner and cake. The spaghetti bake was delicious!

Saturday we again were at my sons for her party for friends and family. It was a lot of fun and interesting to watch her play with peers and classmates. It's always nice to catch up with extended family as well as share stories with her other side of family we don't get a chance to see often. I don't know how many pizzas were hauled in but I can tell you birthday parties are expensive these days. A much bigger deal then the small groups that gathered when I was a kid. The kids truly enjoyed the pinata as candy overflowed onto the floor buzz lightyear! Is it me or is everyone now expecting these large themed parties? It really seems to be the norm now days.

Sunday we moved the party to moms where we celebrated her 66th birthday with immediate family and sloppy joes. Yum! Great grandma even had some old fashioned pin the tail on the donkey.

It's pretty neat that my oldest son has two children, a boy and a girl. His daughter was born the day before my mom and son the day before my dad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment