CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 19, 2011

The big hunt

For those who follow my blog I often talk about raising the kids to enjoy the outdoors and our appreciation for hunting and fishing. This year had heightened excitement as we were all together for the first time in 5 years.

My youngest son shot his first deer opening morning! How exciting for all of us to be there and share in the excitement. My husband shot a 8 pointer. Boy was he happy the boys drug it up a steep embankment for him. As for the rest of us... We seen plenty of doe but not a lot of luck this year with few opportunities to see buck. I did however, witness 2 buck fighting in the wild which was quite exciting. No, i didn't have the opportunity to shoot as i was in a bad position. We let our youngest shoot her beebie gun for the first time. Spent time with family catching up. Did some swimming and lots and lots of walking. The kids even took out some time and goofed around with my youngest brother to do some 4 wheelin.

What a blast! Truly a great year!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment