CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Making the List

20 years ago when I left college I was proud of the fact I held a 4.0 for 2 years. As a member of Phi Thetta Kappa I dreamed of not only graduating but having the official endorsement forever etched as a great accomplishment. I ended up dropping out of school with just 15 credits to go. Not bad for a girl who barely graduated high school and was happy to pass with a C.

Then 9 years ago I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I feared I would soon end my career little alone ever finish that degree.

Last summer, my mom really encouraged me to go back and finish. I found out I would have to start all over. Yet mom persisted. Our local college didn't offer human services so I went into elementary education.

In my 3rd semester I'm happy to report that MS hasn't slowed me down a bit. I'm proving to myself once and for all I CAN still do this. Once again, 20 years later I'm on the Presidents list and have carried a straight 4.0

I'm not going to lie. It's been a challenge. I've lost my Mom. Takin care of my Dad. My family. Somehow I've managed to stay focussed and do this for me.

For anyone who thought MS was going to destroy me... They were wrong!
I'm back! I may have MS but it's not going to define me. I will work harder than ever to prevail.

I got this!






0 comments:

Post a Comment