CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 12, 2012

100 years of Girl Scouting

Today marks 100 years of Girl Scouting, a landmark celebration happening throughout the nation. It's moments like this that I pause amidst the festivities and personalize what this means to me. Here are a couple of reflections I have today:
I imagine a passionate Juliette Low travelling for days to get from England to Georgia; invigorated enough to start Girl Scouting the night she arrives home.
I think about 50 million people around the world united by the values of the Promise and Law; committed to making the world a better place.
I consider my own part in this international web of leadership; rededicating to my goals as a member of the Girl Scout Movement.
I encourage you to pause today for your own leadership reflection. When you're done, engage in a purposeful conversation that will begin the next century of service to Girl Scouting.

Happy Birthday, my Girl Scout sisters!
Girl Scouts of Minnesota & Wisconsin Lakes & Pines

0 comments:

Post a Comment