CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What is hair anyway?

Why is it in society we put so much thought or care into ones hair? We color it. We straighten it. Curl it. Spend hours styling and maintaining it.
Earlier today my daughter-in-law straightened my 3 year old granddaughters tight and beautiful ringlet curls. Although it was cute and done in fun my granddaughter was sad. She didn't recognize herself and neither did we. We've all grown accustomed to her beautiful curls.
Later on my mother was crying as she noticed her hair was once again falling out after just her first round of chemo. Just recently she'd started hair growth after going into a 9 month remission from the last time. Now to me she's just as beautiful as ever. I'm just thankful she's feeling well and we pray for her to beat this again. With or without hair. But she is devastated as you can imagine.
So why do we put so much emphasis on how we look? What really should matter is a persons attitude. Who they are. What we become. How we treat others. Beauty is only skin deep. With or without hair. Curls or straight...
I love them just the same.

1 comments:

sunshinegirl

Well said mother...and grandma, you look great with or without hair!!

Post a Comment